High Temp Automotive Masking Tape
WOD HTM-816 High Temperature Masking Tape is a premium painters masking tape with a solvent based cured natural rubber adhesive system designed to work in masking applications where elevated temperatures and solvent resistance are required. This tape can be used up to 230°F for up to one hour while maintaining integrity, holding power, and CLEAN REMOVAL characteristics. WOD HTM-816 conforms to a broad range of surfaces. Use of this heavy crepe paper tape provides good tensile strength and tear characteristics as well as excellent elongation for wrapping and masking around curved surfaces. WOD HTM-816 High Temperature Masking Tape is recommended for high demand painting and masking applications, and especially automotive masking applications.
Masking tapes cut to wider widths like 4, 6 and 8 inches are harder to unwind without tearing the roll since masking tape is thinner crepe paper. To avoid possible tearing, it is best to start by unwinding the tape slowly. Once you have an entire full-width section unwound, then fold the tape over itself makes the unwind process much easier.
- Recommended for high demand painting and masking applications particularly automotive masking applications
- Other applications include labeling foods and homemade products for storage listing name and date with a sharpie
- Air-dry commercial painting
- For cardstock card, scrapbooking projects, taping off guitar fret boards, drafting table work, and attaching sketch paper to Huion
- Adhesive: solvent-based natural rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: crepe paper
- Thickness: 6.4 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 35.3 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 24 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: up to 230°F
- Elongation: 10%
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: Hystik 832; 3M 213; Tesa 4318 PV2; Nashua 108N; Alpha Beta 816; Cantech 110-00; Nitto P-703.
Note: Items can be custom converted to your needs. Call or E-mail us now for Details!
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.