Filament Tape is a fiberglass reinforced polypropylene rubber based pressure sensitive strapping tape applications include box closing, strapping, palletizing, box reinforcing and general bundling. It adheres quickly and strongly to a variety of surfaces including most plastics, metals, and fiberboard. with a 40 oz/in. adhesion, 4.5% elongation, and 3 in. neutral core. Meets ASTM D5330, Type II, (replaces PPP-T-97E, Type II).
Strapping tape is a useful solution to bundle odd-shaped materials and seal packages. This tape can be used to secure loose parts during shipment and has superior carton sealing strength for your heaviest loads. Use UFST75 to reinforce packages and as an economic alternative to plastic or metal strapping.
Filament Tape Benefits
- Laminated to a low gloss finish film,coated with a Natural Rubber based adhesive.
- Tape will conform well to irregular surfaces, and will not twist or curl.
- Excellent water, vapor and abrasion resistance.
- Clean removal on most surfaces (surface type & dwell time may affect performance).
- Uses for the Heavy-Duty Tape include: Box closing and sealing, Reinforcing, Packaging, Carton sealing, Bundling operations, Holding, Strapping, and General bundling
- Used for tabbing/seaming in the metal fabricating industry.
- For home, business and industrial use
- Ideal choice for Entrepreneurs and current E-Commerce Businesses, Brick and Mortar Stores, Warehouses, Dropshippers, and More looking for Heavy Duty Packing Tape
- Great for reinforcement of shipping cartons as well as bundling and strapping of heavy goods and securing pallets, which are exposed to shocks during transport.
- Adhesive: Synthetic Rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: Fiberglass filament reinforced polypropylene film
- Thickness: 7.5 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 40 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 330 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Elongation: 7%
- Specification Met:ASTM D5330, Type II, (replaces PPP-T-97E, Type II)
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: FIL-890; Tesa 53311, IPG RG16, Cantech 188-00; Shurtape GS531; Permacel P-167, P-247; 3M 880NR, 893, 898.
Note: Most of our items can be custom converted to your Width and Length needs. Call or E-mail us now for Details!
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.