Double Sided Polyethylene Foam Tape
WOD DC-PEF03R Double Coated 1/32" Foam Tape is a closed cell cross-linked polyethylene foam tape coated on both sided with a high performance solvent based rubber adhesive. Excellent quick-stick sealing with high shear properties for efficient operation and secure bonding. Good resistance to humidity, mild acids, oil and grease. Excellent conformability and compressibility. Adheres well to textured and irregular surfaces. The rubber adhesive system is recommended for high shear demands as its quick grab nature is ideal for immediate load applications (mirrors) and for textured surfaces. The rubber system also exhibits higher adhesion to low-energy surfaces (some plastics, films).
Speed up the mounting process and achieve a more aesthetically pleasing installation with WOD Double Coated Polyethylene Foam Tape DC-PEF03A. The polyethylene foam tape is known for its high ultimate adhesion and reliable performance across many surfaces. One of its noted features is its ability to conform to irregular substrates. It provides high ultimate adhesion to many plastics and is formulated for demanding indoor and outdoor general purpose mounting and bonding applications. Common uses include automotive mirror bonding, decorative trim, nameplates and other general purpose mounting applications.
- Surfaces must be clean and free of oil, grease, moisture, dust and dirt. Isopropyl alcohol is good for cleaning the surface. Do not remove liner until tape is in proper position.
- Avoid touching adhesive surface before application. The adhesive is intended for positioning during the assembly process. The foam tape is secured in the joint by compression of the adjacent substrates.
- The application temperature should be between 40°F and 125°F (4°C to 52°C)
- Great choice for interior and exterior mounting applications
- Point-of-purchase displays and signs
- Used for mounting nameplates, signs, small die cast parts, mirrors, maps, and more
- Used for sound and vibration dampening in business machines, industrial equipment, electronic component packaging and glass panel mounts, seals, and gaskets
- Adhesive: Rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: Cross-linked irradiated cellular polyethylene foam
- Release Liner: 50 # white bi-siliconized paper
- Thickness: 1/32" inch (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion (1 min.): 73 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Adhesion (24 hrs.): 91 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -4°F to 194°F
- Density: 5 pounds per cubic foot
- Shear: 168+ hours @ 1kg psi
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative To: Venture 632, 732; Scapa SA432V, SA5432V; IPG 8132; 3M 4482, 4462, 4492; Int’l Tape 332, 1328, 132, 432; Press-on P-3200R/A.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.