Copper Foil Tape with Conductive Adhesive
CFTCA Copper Foil Tape Copper Foil Tape is a 1 oz. rolled copper foil which provides excellent solderability and conformity. Used for RFI/EMI (electromagnetic interference/radio-frequency interference) shielding applications in the electrical/electronics industry (used to shield integrated circuit chips, cables and motors).
CFTCA is coated with an acrylic adhesive which is uniformly dispersed with conductive spheres. Its conductive adhesive is ideal for printed circuit board modification, security-alarm circuit repairs, and prototype wiring-board layout and design. Also for cable wrapping to provide EMI/RFI shielding, seaming of EMI/RFI shielded rooms for electrical continuity, static charge draining and for surface contact to non-solderable materials (e.g. aluminum or plastics).
The copper foil sheet resistivity is 0.003 Ohms/square inch. Its aggressive acrylic adhesive system creates a superior bond. Annealed and non-tarnishing, bright copper color. Flammability: File #130121, UL 510, Section 4. Can also be used for decorative arts & crafts projects.
Copper Foil Tape Applications
- Cable wrapping to provide EMI/RFI shielding, seaming of EMI/RFI shielded rooms for electrical continuity, static charge draining, surface contact to non-solderable materials (e.g. aluminum or plastics).
- Metallic accent for lamp shades, cupboards and other household decorative projects
- Repairing, modifying and prototyping wiring boards
- Flat conductor assemblies
- Shielding of joints and seams
- RFI/EMI shielding of transformer/reactor coils and other small electromagnetic components
- Shielding of cable splices
- Adhesive: Acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: copper foil
- Release Liner: 60# paper
- Thickness: 3.2 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion (1 min. Dwell): 37 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Adhesion (24 hr. Dwell): 59 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 37 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 248°F
- Elongation: 6%
- Electrical Resistance: 0.003 ohms per square inch
- Specification Met: Flammability: File #130121, UL510, Section 4
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: CFL-5CA; 3M 3313; Permacel P-391; Lamart 882; Chomerics CCH101; Venture 1697; Saint-Gobain C665.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.