Engineering Grade Retro-Reflective Tape
WOD REF-7 is primarily designed for permanent and temporary traffic signage and features an enclosed lens retroreflective urethane film coated with a permanent acrylic adhesive, wound on a 6.8 mil White polyethylene coated paper release liner. Consists of highly reflective powder (glass beads) that reflects light back to the source.
WOD REF-7 Application surface should be flat (not curved or tubular). Also, it is not designed to adhere to unpainted stainless steel surfaces. Primarily used to ensure safety in work zone areas, advertisements and traffic signage. The Product is hand-tearable, may be screen printed, thermal transfer printed, thermal die-cut, flat bed sign-cut, drum roller sign-cut, or steel rule sign-cut. The adhesive has a dwell time of 24 hours, but reaches 75% of its adhesiveness after 15 minutes
Tape is Available in 6 Vibrant Colors
Silver (white) - Black - Yellow - Red - Green - Blue
Rainbow Pack Includes
Black - White - Red - Yellow - Green - Blue
- For work zone devices and non-critical signs where retroreflection is necessary
- For permanent and temporary traffic signage
- For Trade show booths, Crafts, Displays and pictures, Nameplates, Interchangeable graphics, Presentation boards
Photos of REF-7 are taken with a flash camera in order to show the reflectivity of the tape; the colors of the tape will be much darker if a high intensity light source (like the flash from a camera or car headlights) are not being directed at the tape. The colors in order of reflectivity are: white, yellow, orange, green, red, blue (white is around 15 times more reflective than blue).
- Adhesive: Acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: enclosed lens retroreflective urethane film
- Release Liner: 94# paper
- Thickness: 12.8 mils (carrier, adhesive, liner) 6 mils (carrier, adhesive) 6.8 mils (liner) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 50 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Application Temperature: 50°F (minimum)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 180°F
- Specification Met: LS-300C (Reflectivity 1 Class 1), FP-85 (Type II), ASTM D4956-94 (Type 1), and EN-12899 RA1
- Core: 3" Diameter
Alternative to: Avery T-1500 Series, Nippon/Carbide 8100 Series, 3M 3200 Series.
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.